If so, disable the outlook add-in and restart Outlook. 3) A farfetched answer I've heard is that the user must be a participant in the Customer Experience Improvement Program.We have a user in our office who recently reported that Outlook 2007 is having trouble displaying newly arrived messages.If he changes to another folder and then comes back to the inbox, the messages show up immediately.The issues listed below apply to one or more desktop version of Outlook.If a version is not specified, the issues applies to multiple versions of Outlook.Ok, the background info; In the past 2 weeks we have had several users report a a problem with their outlook in that at initial start up of the program, it takes a long time (5-15 minutes) to update their emails.Once the folder update occurs things appear to function correctly but getting to that point is a painful process.
Environment His is large (~2.2GB), though we have many other users with files bigger without this trouble.
Googleing suggests that an add-in like Google Desktop or MS Search could be causing the problem. Just in case, I have disabled all the build-in add-ins from the trust center, except for VBA, which is required for some auto-updating spreadsheets we use for contact management... 1) Does the user have Google Desktop Search installed?
This list only includes known issues for the following versions of Outlook: Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 for Windows, and Outlook 2011 and Outlook 2016 for Mac.
Outlook 2007 and earlier versions of Outlook are not supported.
The problem seems to be computer related but it also seems to be spreading and i'm not sure what is causing it.
My environment Exchange 2013, mix of Win 7 and Win XP (I know, I know) workstations, mix of Outlook 20 (both showing the issue) and a very small amount of 2013 (not showing the issue to my knowledge) Things I've tried; 1) I logged into one of the machines with my profile and setup my own email, saw the problem immediately, but I work fine on my workstation which is Win 7 w/ Outlook 2013, which in my mind rules out an issue with db corruption.