Hello Everyone, I’m running a Server 2008 R2 box with the WSUS role running on it. I have noticed that the summary status of updates has many updates with no status. I read that my wsus database might need some TLC so I ran the reindexing that is recommend but nothing.
Reindex the WSUS Database I read sometimes you have to recreate the database.
What would be involved with what sounds like a huge task.
I should tell you that I inherited the desktop software update task so this is kinda new for me.
These servers are intended to be almost identical aside from the hostname and have been set up to be as similar as possible.
This WSUS box and patch manager was just installed about a month ago and replaced a server 2003 wsus box.
SP1 was slipstreamed into the installation files, it was not installed separately.
One of these servers is successfully downloading updates from our WSUS server and the other is not.
Both servers are VMware ESXi VMs running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64 SP1.